Pages

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Half bath renovation

One of the first projects we completed in this house was to renovate the half bathroom. The bathroom is very small, but we did what we could to spice it up a bit.

Before we got our hands on the bathroom, it was pretty bland. White toilet, white sink, white walls, white floor. And the worst? CHROME FIXTURES EVERYWHERE! That's probably my biggest pet peeve.




The first step was to put a skim coat on the walls and ceiling. It had some sort of weird texture...maybe a previous owner's attempt at venetian plaster. Fail. It took a good long while, a lot of patience, and a LOT of sanding. However, we ended up with a very smooth surface, ready to paint.


Shon and I love the look of oil-rubbed bronze, so this faucet was exactly what the doctor ordered.



I was really excited to get started with painting, because I knew I wanted to try something a little more than just a single color on the walls. We chose to do one accent wall with stripes. The colors we selected were Behr Sea Salt and Behr Ocean Pearl. I am so happy with the way it turned out!


We bought a new mirror, a new light fixture, a new hand towel, and a new faucet. AND, I even replaced the faucet on my own! Good gravy was it challenging for never having done it before. It only took 5 attempts before the faucet and drain assembly were leak-free! :-P This is now probably one of my favorite rooms in the house. Hooray for hard work and a little creativity!

No comments:

Post a Comment