Pages

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

An organized bathroom

One of my goals for 2014 is to completely organize and declutter my house. I've never been much of a neat freak, but I always feel like life is so much easier when things are tidy and clean. This is one situation where my impatience pays off. Wait until 2014 to begin work? Psh. No. 

I got to work on my bathroom vanity today. I started off with my collection of nail polishes. Inside, I knew I had far too many, but I just couldn't let go of them because I totally might need them one day. Right? Wrong. I got rid of probably 1/3 of what I hadn't worn in forever.


After I  weeded out the loser nail polishes, I decided to organize my bathroom vanity. I can't even begin to post a before picture because it was horrifying. (But also because I forgot to take a picture. So...)



Ideally, I'd like to be able to keep our countertop this clean and clutter free, but I guarantee it'll be crapped up before too long.



Totally not paid to promote these products but this is what I use to clean our master bath. We have a septic system, so we have to be careful about what cleaning products go down the drain, and we also have travertine tile, so we can't use any products that are too harsh. These Method cleaning products are just perfect for us. The All Purpose spray (we bought lavender) works awesome in the shower and keeps that icky pink mold at bay. The Glass and Surface spray leaves no streaks and smells amazing.


Master bathroom: CLEAN AND ORGANIZED. 1 room down. 17 rooms to go.

6 comments:

  1. I am totally jealous of your spacious drawers! Our bathroom drawers are too small to fit most anything!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Because the bathroom is so small, we had to get a tiny vanity. However, the drawers are HUGE. Seriously love it.

      Delete
  2. I may have to purchase those Method cleaning sprays. I use Clorox now. Usually I love the bleachy smell, but now with Will I worry about it being too strong, especially since he sleeps in our room. Also, I only have about 4 nail polishes. After seeing your collection, I'm thinking I will probably have to pick up some more ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are awesome and they smell really great. I also like the bleachy smell...makes me feel like things really got clean.

      Delete
  3. I only buy OPI nail polish - not because I think it's a better nail polish, but because I think it looks neater and more organized to have all the same kind of bottle. Anal? Perhaps. I love watching your projects.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only buy Essie now because I'm a brand snob. I think the polish goes on thicker than other brands.

      Delete