Pages

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Guest bathroom vanity organization

Tonight, I decided to do a quick and easy project so I could have a bit of time to relax do other, more pressing chores. At one point, this vanity didn't look too terrible. We had things somewhat organized, but then, life kinda just got in the way, and we started chucking things underneath without a second glance as to where they landed.

Mid-project, after I'd already pulled everything out from underneath the vanity, I realized how dumb this was to start this project in the bathroom attached to Nolan's room...while he slept. Dumb. Let me reiterate, DUMB. He started stirring and making noises, so I sat there for a bit staring at the mess I'd made, wondering if I should continue on. I ultimately decided that, since he needed to use the bathroom in the morning when he woke up, I should just quietly and carefully finish the project. 

Before: Oh the clutter.


 
 
And after! I have things organized by the family member that uses the items. From left to right, we have: Tater's things, My things, Nolan's things, community things, Shon's things, and surplus items that we all use. All this organization is really starting to feel good, and somewhat normal. Such an odd feeling since I've been kind of a hot mess my whole life.
 

2 comments:

  1. Looks like Shon needs a lot fewer "things" than the rest of you! Good old low maintenance boy! It looks really neat, honey. Did Nolan wake up?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is a dude. Nolan didn't end up waking up, so I won!

      Delete